5 Common Questions on Direct Primary Care: In a Practicing Doctor’s Words

Dr Hurt
Diamond Physicians is part of a revolutionary new practice model – you should absolutely have questions about how we are changing the way you go to the doctor.
Here are the top five questions we get from patients:
I already have good health insurance – why would I pay more money to see a doctor?
  • Can you use it the way you want to or do you feel like you are “just a number” on an assembly line?
  • Is it saving you time? Do you wait to see your physician or do they wait on you? Can you get in touch with your physician 24 hours a day 7 days a week? Can you get in to see them today if you called right now?
  • Is it saving you money? Are you paying grossly inflated insurance prices for labs and imaging? Do you feel that it is worth what you are paying for it?
Good health insurance does not necessarily equal good health care. At Diamond Physicians, your monthly membership fee saves you time, saves you money, and puts YOU back in control.
Sounds like a great idea, but I’m healthy and don’t need to to see a doctor that often.
 
Great! We have cash-pay options for one-time walk-in appointments. Furthermore, we offer advanced executive physicals similar to those performed at the Mayo Clinic, Cooper Clinic, and Cleveland Clinic here locally in Frisco at a fraction of the cost. Our Diamond 360 packages can provide you with in-depth metrics on heart health, cancer screening, genetic markers, gut microbiome, nutrient absorption, and hormone balance. Our current patients will tell you that by focusing on preventative health BEFORE they were sick instead of just coming in when they were ill helped us detect and treat illnesses before they happen, reducing the need for future ER visits or hospitalization.
What about specialists?
 
We have a network of specialists we work with to help get you seen quickly and to help coordinate your care. We can help you either use your existing insurance plan or pay a heavily discounted cash price for their services. Even if you have specialists you see around the country, we can serve as a manager of your overall health care, and advocate for you wherever you go – be it another specialist office or a hospital setting. In addition, you would be surprised at what a family doctor can do. Family physicians are trained to deliver babies, take care of terminally ill hospice patients and do a little bit of everything in between. We can help you with about 80% of your healthcare needs, and help you navigate the system for the other 20%.
So are you always on call?
 
For our members, yes we are. 24/7 access is included in your monthly membership fee at no additional cost. Between the hours of 8-5 Monday through Friday, I am in my office located near the intersection of Legacy and Lebanon. Same day or next business day appointments will always be available to our members. After hours and on weekends, you can call, text, or e-mail me directly anytime. (Urgent office visits and home calls on nights and weekends do incur a nominal fee – but are available at a fraction of Urgent Care and hospital ER costs.) We are able to provide this level of care by seeing only 20% of the volume of a traditional family medicine office.
What is the catch?
 
There isn’t one. Patients go to the doctor for help, not to fill out insurance paperwork. Doctors went to medical school to help people, not fill out insurance paperwork. By bypassing insurance companies, we can both reestablish a true patient-physician relationship and make decisions about your health together without needing to please a third party. This is medicine as it was practiced in the 50s and 60s – medicine YOUR way.
Call our office today to set up a free consultation to see if Diamond Physicians is right for you.
Myers R. Hurt III, MD
Office: 214-945-3621
This content has been taken from
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s